The summer is here and beaches are full of people, swimming and having in water. Swimming pools, beaches and lakes are the fun places in summer. The fun on a place that is full of people is not always void of the potential dangers of aquatic nature. There is always a need protection from the trained and fully equipped lifeguards on aquatic public facilities.
The people who intend to take the responsibilities of saving people from drowning and other aquatic emergencies need a special training called lifeguard training. In this short piece of writing, we will explore the lifeguard training, in general, and its benefits.
What is lifeguard training?
Lifeguard training is learning special techniques for water safety and rescue to make the aquatic facilities safer for the swimmers. It is set of skills and knowledge that is helpful in water emergencies and save people from drowning. Lifeguard courses in California in much in demand because of it many aquatic tour destinations in the stat.
What is taught in lifeguard training?
Lifeguard training courses include different set of skills that are associated with lifesaving in and out of water. Some of the crucial things that are taught during a lifeguard class in California are first aid, CPR and AED.
Learning these skills is important for a lifeguard to be fully equipped with the knowledge handle medical emergencies in and around water. They are also taught how to use the equipment they are given for safety of the swimmers.
They also educate people about what to do in potential dangers in water and who to avoid them. They try to maintain discipline at the aquatic facilities to keep the environment clean and safe. Lifeguard training also teaches people to work on their communication skills so that people are not hesitate to ask you about rules and regulations and other information necessary at the beaches or pools.
Skills and knowledge in lifeguard training
Lifeguards must be excellent swimmers. They must be able to swim at least 200 yards continuously, tread water for 10 minutes, and rescue a person from the water.
- Water rescue
Lifeguards must have a strong understanding of water rescue techniques. They must know how to use a variety of rescue equipment, including rescue tubes, life jackets, and throw bags.
- First aid and CPR
First and CPR are one of the most important skills of the lifeguard training. The lifeguard certification includes these skills when training for to become a lifeguard. It is to ensure that people in the water stay safe and protected.
What are the benefits of lifeguard training?
There are many benefits to lifeguard training. Some of the most notable benefits are given below:
- Job opportunities: California is home to many beaches, pools, and water parks, which means there are plenty of job opportunities for lifeguards.
- High pay: Lifeguards in California typically earn a higher salary than lifeguards in other states.
- Opportunities for advancement: Lifeguards in California have the opportunity to advance their careers by becoming certified in additional areas, such as water rescue and first aid.
- A sense of purpose: Lifeguards in California can take pride in knowing that they are helping to keep people safe.
- A rewarding career: Lifeguarding can be a rewarding career that allows you to work outdoors, meet new people, and make a difference in your community.
- The opportunity to work in a beautiful state: California is home to some of the most beautiful locations in the country. The beaches and pools in California are just beautiful. Lifeguards in California have the opportunity to work in these beautiful settings every day.
- The opportunity to learn new skills: Lifeguard training teaches lifeguards a variety of skills, including swimming, water rescue, first aid, and CPR. These skills can be valuable in other areas of life, such as personal safety and outdoor recreation.
- The opportunity to give back to the community: Lifeguards play an important role in keeping people protected in and around water. The water facilities where you work as a life saver actually are receiving you participation of giving back to the community.
Lifeguard course offered by the American Lifeguard Association
The American Lifeguard Association (ALA) offers lifeguard training and certification courses in California. The ALA’s lifeguard certification courses are recognized by most employers in California.
The lifeguard training courses are designed to teach lifeguards skills and knowledge. In these courses, lifeguards are taught how to prevent and respond to emergencies involving people in or around water. The courses cover topics such as swimming, water rescue, first aid, CPR, and AED use.
The lifeguard training courses in California are typically offered in a variety of formats. These formats include in-person lifeguard training, online lifeguard training, and blended learning. The courses typically last for two to four weeks.
If you are looking for or making searches on the internet with the query ‘lifeguard training near me’ look no further, I encourage you to contact the American Lifeguard Association to learn more about their lifeguard training and certification courses.