As you have successfully completed the diploma course from the private polytechnic colleges in Kerala, you must be preparing for job placements. But have you researched what employers of leading organizations look for while hiring any candidate? There are so many qualities apart from your academic qualification and good resume that employers check while selecting any employee.
If you are interested to know about those qualities then you are on the right page. This post will guide you to develop and enhance those qualities.
|Table Of Contents|
1. Polytechnic Diploma- Introduction
2. Course details of Polytechnic Diploma
3. What Qualities Employers are Looking for in Polytechnic Diploma Graduates
4. Why TOMS is considered one of the best engineering colleges in Kerala?
5. Final thoughts
6. Frequently Asked Questions
Polytechnic Diploma- Introduction
This is an engineering diploma course that focuses on providing technical education. In this course, students gain basic knowledge about engineering concepts. This is a perfect course for beginners who wants to enter the field of engineering.
Course details of Polytechnic Diploma
Below-mentioned is the course details offered by the polytechnic diploma course by TOMS- best engineering colleges in Kerala
|Course Duration||3 years|
|Available Streams||Chemical engineeringMechanical EngineeringCivil engineeringElectrical and electronics engineeringAutomobile engineering|
|Eligibility criteria||For Management quota-The minimum age of the applicants should be 16 years.Applicants must have passed class 10th/ SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination.|
|Government Quota||50% of seats are reserved and will be allotted to the students by the commissioner of entrance examination.|
|Seats available||60 seats for each stream|
|Job Opportunities||Assistant Inventory Manager, Junior Manager, Junior Engineer, Assistant Engineer, Project Assistant, Professor, Consultant, etc.|
What Qualities Employers are Looking for in Polytechnic Diploma Graduates
Once you are in your last semester of polytechnic colleges in Kerala, you will start preparing for on-campus and off-campus placement drives. So, let’s check out what are the qualities employers check among candidates while hiring them-
- Professionalism- Every employer looks for employees who possess a certain level of professionalism. Employers check if the candidate has the competitive mindset to meet their organizational goals or not. Professionalism also includes being on time, meeting deadlines while facing obstacles, managing workloads, establishing ethical work practices, upholding integrity, and cooperating with coworkers, managers, teams, etc.
- Technical skills- As a polytechnic graduate, you should have basic knowledge about engineering concepts and technical skills which are a basic requirement to perform a job. So, while applying for any job always crosscheck the job description that you possess the required skillset or not.
- Team spirit- To perform various tasks daily and to achieve organizational goals, you’ll be working in teams, and to successfully complete the task, you should possess team spirit skills. Candidates that exhibit these skills or who are enthusiastic about being part of teams have been seen to produce greater success in business matters than those who don’t.
- Communication skills- Candidates must be able to communicate effectively, whether orally or in writing, to present important company information to the appropriate authority at the appropriate time and with the appropriate attitude.
- Time management- The skill employer values the most is the efficiency of employees. Many times in your job, you’ll be expected to multitask, and while hiring a polytechnic diploma graduate, employers ensure that you possess the ability to organize your task based on priority and can complete the tasks within deadlines without any error.
- Quick learner- In the engineering field, many times you’ll be trained for technological advancement and new technologies and to have an easy training process, employers appreciate candidates who pay high tension to learn new skills and methods and can deploy those methods or techniques in real-life situations.
- Logical reasoning and critical thinking- These days business involves more complex business strategies, novel methods, and techniques which requires employees with logical reasoning and critical thinking who can contribute to the field of strategic management and work with executives to create frameworks that can offer both stability and agility in the current economic situation.
Why TOMS is considered one of the best engineering colleges in Kerala?
- This college stood 2nd in the ranking among Kerala’s top private engineering colleges.
- The placement cell of the college ensures the placement of the students. They also provide students training for soft skills and guidance to enhance technical skills to perform their best during the selection process.
- The college charges a minimum amount of course fee, to make quality education affordable for Indian students.
- This college’s infrastructure includes all the amenities that support students to have a peaceful & learning environment.
Now as you know, what qualities employers will look for while hiring candidates, so start brushing up your skills and keep your best foot forward to secure your dream job. Also, if you are a student of polytechnic colleges in Kottayam such As TOMS College of Engineering and Polytechnic, you will get training assistance from the placement team of the college to work on the above-mentioned skills.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why you should pursue a Polytechnic diploma?
Reasons why you should pursue a polytechnic diploma-
- If you cannot afford the engineering degree course fee
- if you want to pursue engineering but can not get admission into an engineering college
- If you want to start earning early
- What is the difference between BTech and polytechnic diploma?
BTech is a degree program in engineering whereas in polytechnic you will receive an engineering diploma. BTech is a 4 years course and polytechnic diploma is of 3 years. After completing polytechnic, you will be employed as a junior engineer whereas through BTech you will be employed as a software engineer, process engineer, etc.
- Which are the top recruiters for polytechnic graduates in India?
After graduating from the polytechnic colleges in Kerala, you can apply for jobs in these organizations-
- Reliance Infrastructure
- Tata Motors
- Godrej group
- Ashok Leyland
- Piramal healthcare limited
- Is Chemical engineering in demand?
Yes, chemical engineers are highly demanded as there is a lot of development happening in the technological field, and chemical engineers are required to work in product manufacture or processing units.
- What is the highest salary earned after completing an automobile engineering diploma?
According to AmbitionBox, an automobile engineering diploma graduate can up to 4.5 lakhs per annum.