Visual arts are becoming popular as a creative career choice among art enthusiasts. This is one of the most sought-after courses in the field of arts due to its comprehensiveness and variety. The sub-discipline of visual arts includes the study of sculpture, painting, and photography.
If you are also a student with creative zeal and want to pursue a bachelor’s degree, then you can check out this post. This post talks about BA visual arts and photography and reasons why you should pursue this course.
|Table Of Contents|
1. Bachelor of Visual Arts- Course Introduction
2. Key highlights of the Bachelor of visual arts degree
3. Top Reasons to Study a Bachelor of Visual Arts Degree
4. Why is Anant National University one of the Bachelor of Design Colleges in Ahmedabad?
5. Final words
6.Frequently Asked Questions
Bachelor of Visual Arts- Course Introduction
BA Visual Arts Interior Design is an undergraduate program in which students learn about various domains of fine arts. In this course, students learn about photography, sculpture, painting, stage management, animation, film-making, print- media, etc. This course enables students to be seasoned artists by offering them a perfect blend of theoretical and practical knowledge about art concepts.
Key highlights of the Bachelor of visual arts degree
Below mentioned are the BVA course highlights of the Anant National University.
|Course Duration||4 years|
|Mode of the course||Semester|
|Eligibility Criteria||Applicants must have completed 10+2 or 10+3 with any stream- science, arts, or commerce from a recognized board of education.Applicants must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent.|
|Admission Procedure||Once you submit the application form, your work portfolio and other documents will be evaluated.Once your portfolio is shortlisted, you will be called for an interview round.Your minimum aggregate JAAT score should be 55% or equivalent. Once you are selected, you’ll get an admission offer letter.|
|Specializations||Sculpture Painting Mix Media|
Top Reasons to Study a Bachelor of Visual Arts Degree
- Job Satisfaction- Not everyone is able to perceive the career of their dreams. And no matter the salary package and the company’s brand name, they do not have job satisfaction. But if you have a love for art for ex-photography and you pursue a BA in visual arts and photography course and the job satisfaction which you’ll get by making a career in the photography field is not possible by pursuing any other career option.
- Affordable career option– There is a misconception associated with visual arts degrees, that they are expensive. But if you select top BVA colleges in India, like Anant National University, then you can complete your degree with affordable fees and with great ROI in the form of your placement.
- Enormous career opportunities- BVA graduates receive employment opportunities in libraries, advertising agencies, art studios, newspaper or publishing houses, Arts councils, local historical societies, Film & motion pictures, and other sectors. And apart from being a sculptor, painter, or photographer, there are enormous career opportunities available for BVA graduates.
Some of the popular career options are-
|Animator||Fashion designer||Digital designer|
|Video game designer||Web developers||VFX artists|
|Photographer||Multimedia artist||Art conservator|
|Art director||Food stylist||Special effects consultant|
- Networking opportunities with other artists- During your BA visual arts and photography course, you’ll meet several other artists that can be your college professors, batchmates, alumni, seniors, etc., and who can provide you with job referrals and insight about the industry that will be very helpful for you in taking your career into new heights.
- Transferable skills- The best part of pursuing a creative course is you are not limited to a certain skill set and the skills you learned during the course are also applicable if you want to make a career switch, etc. The skills learned in this course will also help you flourish in numerous professional areas and jobs like communications, entrepreneurship, UX design, etc.
- Psychological benefits- Arts help you in relieving stress. Artistic expressions are also used as a therapy to relieve stress and increase emotional awareness and with this course, you’ll have these psychological benefits without paying anything extra.
Why is Anant National University one of the Bachelor of Design Colleges in Ahmedabad?
- The faculty members who teach BA visual arts and photography courses at ANU are highly qualified and are experts in their domain.
- ANU will help you in drafting resumes to get placement in companies like TCS, Larsen & Toubro, Accenture, Piramal Group, Teach for India, etc.
- The campus is located on the outskirts of Ahmedabad offering modern facilities including a library, computer labs, design labs, studio, etc.
- At ANU, you will learn the basics of design and architecture to real-world issues of this industry.
- Students with entrepreneurship goals will be motivated and nurtured by the Aarambh- incubation center at ANU.
- ANU is India’s first design X University.
The visual arts industry in India is expanding and it’s valued at 455.37 billion dollars in 2022, and you can consider pursuing BA visual arts and photography from the reputed University in Gujarat. Various industries look out for seasoned artists to join their companies and make significant contributions to the growth and development of their businesses.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the skills required to pursue BA visual arts and photography?
The required skillset to pursue this course are-
- Artistic communicative skills
- Imaginative skills
- Observation skills
- Realistic drawing
- Networking and marketing skills
- Visualization skills
- What are the job profiles you will get after completing BA visual arts interior design?
Some of the popular job profiles you will get after completing this course are-
- Product Designer
- Interior Designer
- Design Journalist
- Exhibition Designer
- Interior Architect
- Design Journalist
- What is the course fee for BA visual arts and photography at Anant National University?
The tuition fee for the BAV course is Rs. 1,25,000 at ANU. And if you want to take the hostel & mess facility you need to pay an additional 2,50,000.
- Why is ANU considered the Top Bachelor of Design College in Gujarat?
To provide Bachelor of design courses, ANU has collaborated with international Universities to offer multidisciplinary curriculum to students. The students are also given live projects, hands-on training, and industry exposure to gain real-life experience. The college also assists students in securing notable job positions.