Tech-savvy students often choose computer engineering as their stream in engineering. And Computer engineering is an ever-evolving engineering field, and being a computer engineering aspirant or student, you need to keep yourself updated with the advancements and latest trends in this field.
In this blog, we have included the latest trends in computer engineering, which you can read and make a successful career in any one of them after studying at BE computer engineering colleges in Mumbai.
|Table Of Contents|
1. BE computer engineering- Course overview
2. Key highlights of BE computer engineering
3. Future of computer engineering
4. Advancements in Computer Engineering
5. Why is Terna Nerul one of the best engineering colleges in Mumbai?
6. Final thoughts
7. Frequently Asked Questions
BE computer engineering- Course overview
A Bachelor of Engineering in computer engineering is an undergraduate degree that focuses on providing software and hardware knowledge of computers to students that are required to develop computer-based systems. The BE computer engineering course is best suited for you if you are interested in learning programming skills, computer languages, and analytical skills and wish to learn about every element of computer components, from designing and developing them to maintaining them.
Key highlights of BE computer engineering
Below-mentioned are the course highlights of BE computer engineering colleges in Mumbai-Terna engineering college.
|Duration of the Course||4 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Eligibility criteria are as per the rules and regulations of DTE.|
|No. of seats||180|
|Job opportunities||Software developer, front-end developer, web developer, project engineer, back-end operator, software tester, etc.|
Future of computer engineering
The computer turned the twenty-first century into a technological era. With PCs, the internet, and software, the discipline of computer engineering has only grown stronger over the past few decades. Now, it’s anticipated to have some very successful outcomes with robots, big data, machine learning, and artificial intelligence in the field of computer engineering.
We are also entering the age of artificial intelligence. And it is widely used in multiple areas and to successfully apply this technology, industries will require qualified computer engineers. And you can study at the BE computer engineering colleges in Mumbai to make the best out of these opportunities.
Advancements in Computer Engineering
- Artificial intelligence- The main focus of AI is on computer programming that can simulate human intellect. AI specialists create algorithms and program computers to carry out human-like activities. From chatbots to virtual assistants, from automated machinery to self-driving cars, AI is being used everywhere. And some people also believe that AI will replace human jobs in the coming future. Generative AI, sustainable AI, and augmented working are some of the recent trends in AI.
- Quantum computing- Quantum computing is one of the latest trends in computer engineering. High-performance computers are used in quantum computing to solve problems at the subatomic and atomic levels. They perform operations and store data using quantum bits, or “qubits”. They can now process data and find solutions to issues much more quickly than in the past.
This technology will prove very beneficial to industries such as transportation, finance, and agriculture. quantum computing technology can be used to calculate the most effective truck delivery routes, the most effective flight plans for an airport, etc. Quantum computing has the potential for the development of sustainable technologies and the resolution of environmental issues.
- Cybersecurity- This is one of the most demanding and lucrative career fields for computer engineers. You can make your career in this field after studying at engineering colleges in Nerul. Cyber security protects computer systems and networks from online threats and attacks.
To protect their confidential information and consumer data, the majority of companies, including healthcare, financial institutions, and insurance, need improved cybersecurity tools.
- Edge computing- A variety of networks and devices that are at or close to the user is referred to as edge computing, an emerging computing paradigm. Edge computing is useful to apply in various technologies such as video conferencing, augmented reality, and self-driving cars. Edge computing expertise is highly demanded in industries like security, telecommunications, oil and gas, etc.
- Robotics- Robotics is a field where you will acquire knowledge about electrical, mechanical, and computer engineering. Engineers with robotics knowledge and expertise are demanded in the farming, manufacturing, and food preparation industry.
Humanoid robotics, intelligent robots, robotics cybersecurity, automated guided vehicles, etc. are some of the recent trends in robotics. There is significant growth in the robotics industry and it is expected to reach a valuation of 260 billion dollars by 2030.
- Bioinformatics- Professionals in bioinformatics research, archive, and evaluate biological data. Bioinformatics is a multidisciplinary field that combines computer science and biology to hunt for patterns in genetic material sequences such as genes, DNA, RNA, and protein.
Why is Terna Nerul one of the best engineering colleges in Mumbai?
- The college organizes industrial visits, workshops, and seminars to give you a deeper understanding of computer engineering concepts.
- The college’s placement cell offers training and placement assistance to the students to get placed in reputed organizations. The college has successfully placed 1500+ students in different organizations such as TCS, Infosys, Godrej, IBM, Reliance industries limited, Rave Technologies, etc.
- The teaching staff at Terna Nerul are highly qualified and competent to look after the learning and development of the students.
- Students are encouraged to participate in various regional, national, and international level technical and extra-curricular activities.
- The computer engineering department wants students to stay updated with the latest technology and for this, they have set up a system lab, Linux lab, simulation lab, computer graphics lab, database lab, etc.
As a student of computer engineering, you should be aware of the current trends so that you can plan your career accordingly. Also, to make a successful career in these technologies, you can choose them as electives or can even pursue a higher education degree like ME from the ME colleges in Navi Mumbai in these subfields.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is computer engineering a good field?
Yes, for students who are interested in digital technology, computer engineering is a great career option for them. Also, this field of engineering offers various career opportunities with lucrative salary packages in the field of artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, and robotics.
- What is the salary of a computer engineer in India?
The salary of computer engineers in India varies in the range of 4 LPA to 10 LPA.
- Is computer engineering harder than computer science?
Yes, because computer engineering courses include the concepts of computer science, and electrical engineering both in their course curriculum.
- What subjects will I study in the computer engineering course at BE computer engineering colleges in Mumbai?
Subjects you’ll study at BE computer engineering are-
- Engineering chemistry
- Artificial intelligence
- Engineering Physics
- Software operating systems
- Multimedia technology
- Electronic circuits
- Programming languages, and others