Are you planning to pursue M Pharmacy after completing your B Pharmacy course? Or have you completed your M Pharmacy and now wondering what job profile I should choose? If yes, we have answers to all your questions.
M Pharm Colleges in Coimbatore provide M Pharmacy courses to all B Pharmacy degree students. This master’s program is designed to enhance the expertise of B Pharmacy students so that they can learn advanced pharmacy theories and skills.
If you are planning to get into the M pharmacy field, you should read this blog thoroughly. In this particular blog, we are going to talk in-depth about M Pharmacy, the best college for pharmacy, job scopes after M Pharmacy and so on.
Therefore, this blog is going to help you make the best decisions for your future.
|Table of Contents|
1. What is M Pharmacy all about?
2. Facts about M Pharmacy Course
3. What are the eligibility criteria for the M Pharm Course?
4. Types of M Pharma Degrees
5. What are the possible job opportunities available after M Pharmacy?
What is M Pharmacy all about?
As per the professors of M Pharm colleges in Tamilnadu, Pharmacy is one of the fastest-growing industries in India and overseas. Thus, the need for highly skilled students with B and M Pharmacy degrees.
M Pharmacy or Master of Pharmacy is a 2-year post-graduation degree course which is available at all Pharmacy colleges and even non-pharmaceutical colleges. It is the study of medicinal drugs and their use in fighting diseases. At the PG level, students learn more in-depth about drug formation, their best usage and a way to prescribe to patients.
Facts about M Pharmacy Course
|Full Form of M Pharmacy||Masters of Pharmacy|
|Course Duration and Level||2 Year and PG Level|
|Basic Eligibility||Graduate in B Pharmacy|
|Mode of Admission||Both Merit and Entrance|
|Higher Education After M Pharmacy||MPhil, B.ed, PhD, Research|
|Average Salary Package||INR 3.30 LPA to INR 6 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Cipla, Dabar, Johnson & Johnson, Private Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Research Centers, etc|
|Best College for M Pharmacy||Cheran College for Pharmacy, AIIMS, Delhi University, Jamia Hamdard University|
What are the eligibility criteria for the M Pharm Course?
Almost all M Pharm colleges in Coimbatore have some common base for giving admission to students. To secure your seat in the M Pharmacy department, you need to complete the following criteria;
- Candidates must have a B.Pharm degree from any recognized university or institution. The degree should be obtained from a Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) approved institution or any other regulatory body recognized by the respective country’s pharmacy council.
- Generally, candidates are required to have a minimum aggregate score of 50% – 60% in their bachelor’s degree (B.Pharm) program. The minimum percentage may vary depending on the university or institution.
- Some universities may require candidates to qualify in a national or state-level entrance examination specific to pharmacy programs. Common entrance exams for M Pharma include Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) and other university-specific exams.
Types of M Pharma Degrees
All the best Pharmacy colleges in Coimbatore such as Cheran College of Pharmacy provide multiple types of M Pharm degrees designed on the standards of PCI.
This noted pharmacy college has three vital types of M Pharmacy degrees which are listed below;
- M.Pharm in Pharmaceutics
- M.Pharm in Pharmacology
- M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Analysis
What are the possible job opportunities available after M Pharmacy?
Students with an M Pharmacy degree from the best Pharmacy Colleges in Coimbatore will get a chance to explore tons of career opportunities. During the time of placement, students come across various internship programs which later help them in building connections in the industry.
Once you complete your post-graduation in Pharmacy, you can work on various job profiles such as;
- Clinical Pharmacist: As a clinical pharmacist, you would work in a hospital or clinical setting, collaborating with healthcare teams to optimize medication therapy for patients. You would be responsible for reviewing prescriptions, monitoring patient responses to medications, and providing drug information and counselling to healthcare professionals and patients.
- Pharmaceutical Research Scientist: With a Master of Pharmacy degree, you can pursue a career in pharmaceutical research. You would be involved in designing and conducting experiments, analyzing data, and developing new drugs or improving existing medications. Research scientists often work in pharmaceutical companies, academic institutions, or research organizations.
- Regulatory Affairs Officer: Regulatory affairs officers ensure that pharmaceutical products meet the necessary regulatory requirements. They work closely with government agencies and pharmaceutical companies to navigate the complex regulatory landscape, ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, and guidelines. Their role involves preparing and submitting documentation, managing regulatory submissions, and staying updated on regulatory changes.
- Pharmacovigilance Specialist: Pharmacovigilance specialists play a crucial role in monitoring and evaluating the safety of pharmaceutical products. They collect, analyze, and report adverse drug reactions and other safety-related data to regulatory authorities. Pharmacovigilance specialists can work in pharmaceutical companies, regulatory agencies, or contract research organizations.
- Clinical Research Associate (CRA): As a clinical research associate, you would oversee and monitor clinical trials conducted by pharmaceutical companies or contract research organizations. You would ensure that the trials are conducted in compliance with protocols, regulations, and ethical guidelines. CRAs are responsible for site management, data collection, and ensuring patient safety during clinical trials.
These above five shared jobs are regarded as the best job profiles after a Master’s in Pharmacy. The salary package will grow as your experience goes higher. Therefore to give industry experience to Pharmacy students private pharmacy colleges in Tamilnadu such as Cheran College for Pharmacy provide internships in noted medical companies.
A Master of Pharmacy is a postgraduate degree that equips individuals with advanced knowledge and skills in the field of pharmacy. Through comprehensive coursework and research, M Pharma programs provide students with a deep understanding of pharmaceutical sciences, drug development, regulatory affairs, and patient care. M Pharm colleges in Coimbatore are best in providing M Pharmacy courses which enable students to get the best job opportunities. So if you’re planning to get into an M Pharmacy course these above shared information will help you in choosing the ideal job profile.
- What is the highest salary after M Pharmacy?
According to Ambitionbox, the highest-salary candidates get after M Pharmacy is INR 5.2 LPA. After getting experience in this area, your salary package will surely go around 10 LPA.
- Which branch in M Pharmacy is best?
There are three main branches of study in M Pharmacy namely; M.Pharm in Pharmaceutics, M.Pharm in Pharmacology and M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Analysis. These all branches have their own worth and importance in the pharmacy world.
- Which are the highest-paid job profiles after M Pharmacy?
As per the Ambitionbox, Clinic Project Managers, Pharmacists, Academic Writers, Medical Writers, Senior Research Associates and Regulatory Affairs Associate are some of the highest-paid job profiles after M Pharmacy.
- Can I get admission to M Pharma after my BA degree course?
No, you are not eligible for an M Pharm degree course, if you’re not a B Pharma graduate. It is a basic requirement to study an M Pharm degree course.
- What types of pharmacy courses are available in India?
In India, there are majorly three types of pharmacy courses such as Diploma in Pharma, Bachelor of Pharmacy and Master of Pharmacy.