MSc in Physiotherapy is one of the most popular courses in the medical science domain. This master’s degree opens countless career opportunities to physiotherapy students. MPT in Pediatrics or Master of Physiotherapy in Pediatrics is the most influential brand of MPT.
If you have completed your BPT and want to pursue MPT, you must be aware of the multiple career opportunities after completing a master of physiotherapy. In this blog, we will talk about MPT and career opportunities after the MPT degree course.
It is also essential to know what MPT is and what types of MPT degrees are in India. With the help of this, students can make a better decision in choosing their subject.
|Table of Contents|
1. What is a Master of Physiotherapy?
2. What are the best career opportunities available in India after a Master of Physiotherapy?
3. The best college in India for MPT Students
What is a Master of Physiotherapy?
In India, a Master of Physiotherapy or MPT is a 2-year postgraduate degree that can be done after completion of a Bachelor in Physiotherapy. It is a broad domain in the medical world. Cheran College of Physiotherapy is one of the best Physiotherapy colleges in Tamilnadu and provides a Master of Physiotherapy degree approved by India’s medical council.
This PG degree program focused on advanced training in the field of physiotherapy. It builds upon the foundational knowledge and skills acquired during UG studies, deepening understanding and expertise in areas like; sports physiotherapy, neurological, cardiopulmonary and musculoskeletal. The course frame typically involves a combination of theoretical coursework, clinical placements, research projects, and practical skill development. Students learn to assess, diagnose, and treat various physical conditions, utilizing techniques like therapeutic exercises, manual therapy, electrotherapy, and patient education.
What are the best career opportunities available in India after a Master of Physiotherapy?
With the degree of MPT in Pediatrics and other MPT branches, students can choose various career opportunities. All they have to do is to complete their PG from the best physiotherapy college in India with a valid score.
Here are the 10 best career opportunities available in India & overseas after having a degree in MPT.
- Go with Higher Education: After completing MPT, students can do MPhil or PhD as part of their higher education. If you want to enhance your knowledge and skills in the physiotherapy field, prepare for the best Physiotherapy colleges in Tamilnadu and crack the entrance exam.
- Practice in hospitals or nursing homes: To gain real-life experience or patience dealing with this, you need to have years of experience. Apply in various hospitals for internship programs and actively participate in your college placement programs. This work experience will help you in building a solid foundation for your bright career.
- Open your own clinic: With a Master’s degree in Physiotherapy, students can set up their own clinic after getting certain approvals. But for this, it will be good if you gain the first experience of at least 1-2 years. And for this, you also required a huge amount of money. So think twice before investing your hard-earned money. Once you get experience in your area of study, it will positively impact your career.
- Sports Physiotherapist: If you have an interest in sports medicine, you can pursue a career as a sports physiotherapist. You can work with athletes of all levels, from amateur to professional, and help them prevent injuries, rehabilitate after injuries, and optimize their performance through specialized treatment and exercise programs.
- Orthopedic Physiotherapist: Specializing in orthopaedic physiotherapy allows you to focus on musculoskeletal disorders and injuries. You would assess and treat conditions such as fractures, joint replacements, arthritis, and other orthopaedic issues. This career path often involves working closely with orthopaedic surgeons and other healthcare professionals.
- Neurological Physiotherapist: As a neurological physiotherapist, you would work with individuals who have neurological conditions such as stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, or spinal cord injuries. You would help them improve their mobility, balance, coordination, and overall physical function through specialized interventions and exercises.
- Pediatric Physiotherapist: Pediatric physiotherapists work with infants, children, and adolescents who have developmental delays, congenital disorders, or injuries. This field requires a degree in MPT in Pediatrics and specialized knowledge of child development and a range of therapeutic approaches to promote motor skills, coordination, and functional independence.
- Geriatric Physiotherapist: With an ageing population, the demand for physiotherapists specializing in geriatric care is increasing. Geriatric physiotherapists focus on treating age-related conditions, such as osteoporosis, arthritis, balance issues, and mobility problems, to enhance the quality of life for older adults.
- Researcher or Academician: If you have a passion for research and teaching, you can pursue a career as a researcher or academician in the field of physiotherapy. This path involves conducting research studies, publishing papers, and teaching physiotherapy students at universities or colleges.
- Entrepreneur: You can consider starting your own physiotherapy clinic or wellness centre. This option allows you to be your boss and build a practice that aligns with your vision and specialization. It involves business management, marketing, and networking skills, in addition to your clinical expertise.
The best college in India for MPT Students
Well, at both national and international levels, countless physiotherapy colleges are currently working to provide BPT and MPT degrees to students. But finding the ideal one among tons of available colleges is quite a difficult task for students. But here, we have something interesting to share.
Cheran College of Physiotherapy is one of the Physiotherapy colleges in Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. The college is best known for its Physiotherapy programs at various levels such as bachelor’s and master’s. It has skilled and qualified faculty that have years of experience in their respective fields.
Cheran College of Physiotherapy has various courses available at the masters level such as;
- MPT Pediatrics
- MPT Sports
- MPT Neurology
- MPT Orthopedics
- MPT Cardio Respiratory
Whether a student completed his PG degree in MPT in Pediatrics or MPT Cardio-Respiratory, they have tons of career opportunities to explore as we have earlier discussed. This degree course is highly job oriented. With relevant work experience and a valid degree, students can make the career that they always dream of.
- Can I do a Master of Physiotherapy just after completing my Bachelor’s?
Yes, if you want to gain more experience and knowledge in the physiotherapy field, a master’s degree is highly recommended by experts. So after completing your BPT, get enrolled in the best college and earn your MPT degree.
- What is the minimum percentage to get into an MPT course?
If you want to take admission to the best colleges in Tamilnadu, you need to score at least 50% in your bachelor’s degree. Reservation is also available as per the state government rules.
- What are the admission eligibility criteria for an MPT course in India?
The basic admission requirement is that a student must complete their bachelor’s in physiotherapy from any recognized college or university with at least 50% marks.
- Is there any entrance exam for the MPT degree?
Many universities and colleges admitted students on the score of their state and national-level exams. Whereas some universities and colleges allow students to take admission on a merit basis.
- What is the average salary package of an MPT degree holder?
If you have completed your MPT degree course from any best Physiotherapy colleges in Tamilnadu, you can easily earn upto 4-5 LPA on average.